Saturday, March 31, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: When Fools Rush in...

From Large Target, Jo has found the kidnappers’ hideout. Now what?

I drove a few blocks and parked on a side street. I wasn't sure what to do next. Getting killed seemed like the next logical step. The lack of sleep was catching up to me. I took a deep breath and then someone tapped on the glass. I looked up and nearly hit my head on the mirror flinching backward.

A florid face with bristly white hair and a weeks' growth of beard appeared crouching outside my window.


Dozens of other writers share sentences on Sundays. For a good time in many genres check them out at Six Sunday. If you are a writer who wants to share a snippet of your own work, the simple instructions are on the site. It's free and fun and you can meet some great people!

5 comments:

  1. "getting killed seemed..." Precious. Just what a fuzzy mind might think. Then the jarring wake-up by the tap on the window. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That line stood out for me too! Another tense six! :)

      Delete
  2. had to hunt for you - they've deleted the link
    well hope she doesn't get killed. the sentences are choppy and could have been combined

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tension (loved her surmise about her next step) and then the jarring knock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gem and Pat, adangerous situation for an unarmed amateur sleuth!

    Thanks for taking the extra step to visit, Sassy, also for the heads up. I'll have to check, perhaps I have sinned against Six Sunday and been deleted!

    Yes, Angela! Tension is my eternal goal in writing--seriously!

    ReplyDelete