Saturday, March 24, 2012

Six Sunday -- out of the line of fire, into another danger zone

From Large Target, Jo escapes from an ambush scene where the kidnapper has shot one person and incinerated a car. She has guessed the kidnapper's identity and tricked his father, who knows nothing about the crime, into giving her directions to the kidnapper's workshop.

I heard sirens, and a fire truck raced past headed for the fire that had been Zane's car with an ambulance and a police car following soon after. I started to feel very conspicuous. I got back on Foothill Boulevard and began to follow the instructions my lie had earned me.

The old man hadn't been exaggerating about needing a bodyguard in that part of town. A small detachment of marines would have been appropriate. The warehouse sat at the end of a block that was occupied by a junkyard on one side and a dirt lot ringed by several deserted buildings on the other, chain-link fences featuring razor wire on top set the dominant motif in exterior trim.


This event lures dozens of writers to share sentences on Sundays, this weekend I saw 173 signed up to play. For a good time check them out at six Sunday

7 comments:

  1. So much tension in this six. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this line: "set the dominant motif in exterior trim." Great 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela keeps stealing my lines :D very visual snippet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jessica, Angela and Sassy, I like my characters so much, it took me a while to learn how to put them in danger, but now I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete